Wednesday, December 7, 2016

244 Days 'til my 50th Bday.

So I have decided to learn how to trade.
I have told my children, my best friend and my sweetheart, but there are many in my life that I have deliberately decided not to tell. I have not told my other best friend (we are a triad), nor have I told anyone in my family, because they will:

  • laugh (provoke shame)
  • tell me how risky it is (instill fear)
  • tell me how it is all luck and a monkey could do as well (question judgement)
  • all of the above.
My starting capital is small, minuscule actually, but it doesn't really matter where I start. It only matters where I end.

My goals:
  1. pay off debts
  2. create emergency fund
  3. replace my income
  4. retire/quit job--which verb will be more satisfying?
  5. build long term wealth
With this public declaration of my plan to build a trading business, I here do officially cast off the fear based, limit defined life into which I was raised and in which until this date, I have participated.

I will retire/quit my job within 5 years. My stretch goal is to do so when my younger son graduates from high school two and a half years from now, June 2019.

This blog will serve as my sounding board, my celebration of success, my autopsy for failures, as I really have no one with whom I can talk trading. 

If you stumble upon this blog, thanks for reading.

No comments: